Clarity Street ABN 82 627 427 829 (Clarity Street) offers business consulting services through which Clarity Street aims to implement and improve systems and processes for its clients across a range of different industries.
Health information includes information about the health of a person, or health services provided to them.
Personal information generally means information or opinions about a person who is reasonably identifiable from that information. Personal information includes sensitive information.
Sensitive information includes information about a person’s beliefs or associations as well as health information about a person.
Terms are more fully defined in the Privacy Act.
4. Why do we collect personal information?
- Clarity Street collects personal information from you for the following purposes (together, the Primary Purpose): to deliver the products and services that you request;
- to engage third party contractors for the purpose of providing the products and/or services you request;
- to provide you with information about the products and services you request;
- to personalise and customise your experience with Clarity Street;
- to help Clarity Street review, manage and enhance its services;
- to communicate with you;
- for administration purposes, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- to promote and market those of our other products and services which Clarity Street consider may be of interest to you;
- when considering making offers of employment to job applicants and prospective employees or for employment purposes; and
- to receive services from you or the organisation which employs you.
In addition to the Primary Purpose, Clarity Street may use the personal information it collects and you consent to Clarity Street using your personal information to:
- verify your identity;
- communicate with you, including by email, telephone and mail;
- provide you with news about any of Clarity Street’s products and services;
- send you marketing and promotional material that you may be interested in;
- manage and enhance products and/or services;
- manage and enhance your experience on Clarity Street’s website and domains;
- conduct surveys or promotions;
- investigate any complaints about, or made by you, or if Clarity Street have reason to suspect you have breached any relevant terms and conditions; and
- as required or permitted by any law.
Unless otherwise provided by law, Clarity Street will not collect, hold, use or disclose sensitive information without your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, Clarity Street will comply with its obligations under Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth).
5. What personal information is collected and how it is collected?
The nature and extent of personal information Clarity Street collects varies depending on your particular interaction with Clarity Street. Clarity Street will obtain personal information directly from you (or someone representing themselves as your employee or agent).
Personal information that we commonly collect from you may include but is not limited to:
- your name, position, date of birth;
- your contact details including your address, telephone number and email address;
- your financial information including credit card and banking information, business references, details about your business, your Australian Company Number and/or Australian Business Number;
- the nature of products or services being sought by you; and
- your occupation, career history and references.
Clarity Street also collects information that is not personal information, such as data relating to your activity on its website.
Clarity Street obtains and collects personal information contained in job applications from job applicants and other details relevant to the job application such as information obtained from referees. It also obtains contact details of certain personnel of entities with which it contracts.
6. How Clarity Street uses personal information
- for purposes which are related to the Primary Purpose or for purposes otherwise set out herein;
- if we obtain your consent to do so; or
- if otherwise required or permitted by law.
Clarity Street will not use your personal information for any purpose for which you would not reasonably expect us to use your personal information. Additionally, we will not disclose your sensitive information without your consent, unless there is a need to disclose such information in accordance with the Privacy Act or to comply with any law or other regulatory requirement.
Clarity Street uses the contact details of personnel of those organisations with which it contracts (such as contractors, service providers, suppliers etc.) for the purpose of contacting those entities and conducting its business relationships with those organisations. In addition, Clarity Street also obtains personal information contained in job applications from job applicants for the purposes of assessing that job applicant for the position applied. In some cases, that information may also be used to contact the person about other positions that subsequently become available.
7. How Clarity Street discloses personal information
Clarity Street does not use or disclose any personal information about individuals without their consent, unless:
- in accordance with the Primary Purpose or as otherwise set out herein);
- required or permitted by law; or
- to protect the personal safety of any member of the public.
Clarity Street may disclose personal information to third party service providers within and outside of Australia, in addition to regulatory authorities and ethics committees as required and permitted under the Privacy Act.
It is likely that Clarity Street will disclose personal information to overseas recipients (including recipients which may not be affiliated with Clarity Street), including but not limited to cloud service providers. The countries in which likely overseas recipients of personal information are located include the United States of America.
8. You can access the personal information Clarity Street holds
If at any time you want to update or know what personal information Clarity Street holds, you are welcome to access your record by contacting Clarity Street using the details set out below. Your information will generally be made available to you within 14 days of receiving your request.
If you make such a request, you will be asked for identification so that Clarity Street can verify your identity before providing you with your personal information. If you require personal information to be presented in an alternative format, Clarity Street will make reasonable efforts to accommodate you. If there is an associated charge to Clarity Street in order to retrieve your personal information, we will advise you of the charges that you would be responsible for and obtain your authorisation before proceeding.
Clarity Street may not be able to give you access to personal information where such access would result in disclosure of other individuals’ personal information, would result in a breach of a contract, or would result in disclosure of trade secrets or other proprietary business information belonging to Clarity Street or a third party.
Clarity Street reserves the right to not provide access to individuals if the request for access is frivolous or vexatious or falls into another relevant exception category. Clarity Street may impose reasonable charges for such access.
9. Changing and deleting the personal information Clarity Street holds
Clarity Street will take reasonable steps to ensure personal information is accurate, up-to-date and complete and notify you of any such changes. If you wish to update your personal information, please contact Clarity Street to amend your record accordingly (see contact details below).
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please contact Clarity Street and Clarity Street will take all reasonable steps to delete it. In circumstances where Clarity Street is required to retain personal information, it may not be able to delete your personal information. Such circumstances may include, for example, where Clarity Street is required to retain personal information by law or regulation, to continue to manage certain programs, for the purpose of actual or possible legal proceedings, or for certain necessary business purposes.
10. Storage and security of your personal information
Personal information is stored on secure cloud servers, or in hardcopy paper records stored in a secure location. Clarity Street requires its employees and/or contractors to protect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Clarity Street.
Where personal information is disclosed by Clarity Street to third parties, such third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality and security of all personal information held by it on our behalf.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information held by us if we no longer need to hold the information for the purpose it was collected, and we are not otherwise required by law to retain the information.
11. What to do if you have a problem or question
If Clarity Street becomes aware of any ongoing concerns or problems relating to other privacy practices, it will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns.
12. Future changes
13. Contact details for Clarity Street
You may write to Clarity Street at:
Level 8, Unit 805
220 Collins Street,
Melbourne, VIC 3000
You may telephone us on:
+61 437 101 152
You may email us at:
You may email us at: